The Manager - Respiratory Therapists position is responsible for two areas: (1) conducting set ups for COPD patients (essentially first month of care) in their homes in the surrounding Richmond area, and (2) managing the activities of the full team of Respiratory Therapists (approximately 10 RTs including PRNs), holding the team accountable for the overall objectives of our respiratory programs.
Qualifications: The candidate should have strong respiratory knowledge (RT qualification or something similar) along with proven leadership and exceptional communication skills. Candidate should be knowledgeable of the respiratory environment, including familiarity with some or all of our target patients’ conditions and equipment needs.
- More than 10 years’ experience, including several with managerial or leadership responsibilities
- Extensive experience with non-invasive and invasive ventilation equipment and supplies
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and superior work ethic
- Focus on extremely high patient and referral source satisfaction levels
- Self-starter, can work at high level without a lot of supervision
- A proactive, accountable style that will work closely with referral sources and internal team
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfort working in a small business; roll up the sleeves attitude
- Good sense of humor
- Team orientation
- Experience outside the hospital environment is a plus